Servings of 24 pieces
130g granulated sugar
1pc whole egg
250g cake flour
1g baking soda
80g almonds (whole roast type)
20g unsalted butter
- Leave butter at room temperature. Mix the cake flour and baking soda, and sieve.
- Combine the butter with granulated sugar and mix with spatula in a bowl. Whisk till fluffy, the add beaten whole egg slowly and mix well.
- Add the sifted cake flour and baking soda together with butter mixture. Place on a flat surface and knead with a card until dough is firm.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. Stretch the separated dough with your hands, placing the almonds evenly and wrapped. Repeat for the rest.
- Freeze all 4 dough for 1 to 2 hours.
- Arrange 1 in rows of 2 on a baking tray, lined with an oven sheet. Place them in the Steam & Bake Toaster at Convection Mode/170 degrees/30 mins.
- As soon as it is done, slice it into 2cm thick pieces. Arrange them again on a baking tray with the cut side facing up, and bake at Normal Mode/180 degrees/10 mins.
- Cool for 4 to 5 hours, and it's done!